Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bird of the Spring

With the end of the spring I thought it might be fun to pick the top three birds of the past season. So here I am posting 25 birds in alphabetical order. Why not have some fun with me and select your top three? Just put your favourites numbered 1, 2 and 3 in the comments section and we can see which species win. It wasn't easy picking the 25! Here they go:

Bee-eater

Black-winged Stilt

Bluethroat

Bullfinch

Collared Pratincole

Greater Flamingo

Griffon Vulture

Honey Buzzard

Lesser Kestrel

Night Heron

Northern Wheatear

Ortolan Bunting

Puffin

Purple Heron

Redstart

Rock Thrush

Roller

Sardinian Warbler

Short-toed Eagle

Spoonbill

Spotless Starling

Squacco Heron

Subalpine Warbler

White Stork

Woodchat Shrike


7 comments:

  1. You don't make it easy :) But if I have to choose the I suppose my choices would be 1. Redstart. 2. Puffin 3. Night Heron. But realistically, any of them could be in my three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Clivie, I'm not sure how you fit in the day job with all these birding jaunts (!) but the results are very good. I like the Bee-eaters (1), Sard Warbler (2) and Rollers (3).

    Stevo

    ReplyDelete
  3. results will be posted tomorrow (based on comments here and in facebook)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un blog muy interesante. Enhorabuena. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mi voto 1 va para la pareja de Merops. Es magnífica. Tiene nitidez, simetría y un equilibrio perfecto entre tonos cálidos y fríos.

    Mi voto 2 es para Himantopus.

    Mi voto 3, ex aequo, para Sylvia y para Platalea.

    Congratulations. I've just put a link in my own blog (at blogspot too): www.kircherlandscape.blogspot.com

    Best regards from El Puerto

    ReplyDelete